Tuesday, July 30, 2013

AMSTERDAYUMMMMMM

Ciaoooo my friendsss!!!

So this weekend I was in Amsterdam. This was the first trip I booked because Amsterdam was number one on my study abroad bucket list and I'm so happy that I can check this off. I really don't even know how to start or what to say about Amsterdam. It was so surreal...we all just kept saying that we don't even feel alive right now. I felt like we were dropped in a board game or we were standing on Main Street Disneyland, but it wasn't just the street-it was the entire city. London, Rome, and Paris were so grand and embellished and made me feel so small but alive and inspired. But Amsterdam.... it made me feel..... I still can't put a word on it.... I saved this draft and went back to it and still can't describe it hahaha. Nonetheless... this is by far the most beautiful city that I have visited. London and Paris are known for their grand monuments and that aids to it's beauty-but what I loved about  Amsterdam is that its so extremely gorgeous without the accessories.

So we left Florence at 9:30 to Eindhoven which is about an hour and half away from Amsterdam. No one ever writes about the pre-traveling.....cause it's boring long and super tiring..... 

But when you finally make it to your destination, it's all worth it. Amsterdam is seriously the MOST gorgeous city in the world. Everything was so postcard perfect and it's like this everyday...without trying!! I still can't even grasp being there and trying to soak in the beauty. It also rained all three days that we were there..sporadically...but still rained on our parade. I kinda enjoyed the rain though... it added to the whole Amsterdam charm. 
& This is the red light district. Let me tell ya....seeing is definitely believing. Amsterdam is known for many things but I felt like it was the food capital in the world. Every second of the day we were all eating because we just wanted to try everything. Everything was so delicious and diverse.... my stomach was happy this weekend. 
Dutch Pancakes......yeah I'm wiping the drool off too....
With the best syrup in the world...

The best steak I've ever had.
Late night munchies
Raw Herring.. which is famous in Amsterdam, and when you travel you must not hold your breath to anything even though Yall know how I feel about fish...but this was interesting. 
This is the community at the I AMsterdam letters
& this is us at the Heineken Factory! Photo by D 
By far the COOLEST Musuem I have ever been to.... if you guys are making your way to Amsterdam....THIS IS A MUST!! For the price of admission we learned all about the beer, got to smell the ingredients, and it came with 3 free drinks.

Everywhere we gooo...
And we spent our last day pedaling through the Canals. Photo by D
This was Amsterdam in a nutshell! I also visited Anne Frank's house. THEEEE Anne Frank's house. It felt so surreal that I was walking through the same steps that she did and looking through the same window that she probably stared at hours wishing to look through. It felt so surreal...everything about Amsterdam was and will always be so surreal to me. 
I wrote in a previous post that there are a lot of "downs" that have happened that go undocumented... but I think I'll have to write about this one since this might've been the biggest mission accomplishment of my life and of course it's with my girls. Let me introduce you to them since this is one for the books!! They usually make their appearance in every blog posts because I spend everyday with them....LOL.. so the one on the left is Tati and the one in the middle is Danielle. Most of the time we're all shits and giggles...but nope not this timeee!!!   LOL actually I think I'm just going to brush over it because no one will ever understand the ropes knotting in our stomachs and the anxiety filled breaths we all took. Now looking back...two days ago... I'm so proud of us that we put all our brains together and collectively figured this out. Sighhhhhh. When in Amsterdammm. 
Moral of the story: Always know exactly how you are getting home!!! and when things go wrong which will definitely happen when you travel... I hope that you have company that I had and will try to laugh through the unknown with you. Even if it's forced!!!! I love you guyssss.

Even though Florence was like 105 degrees when we landed at 12 am...it still made me so happy to be home. This is the last full week of my time in Florence.... and then our program ends and we all go our separate ways... you know what I'm going to save the sappy stuff for the next blog post because I'm not ready to think about leaving this place I call home. P.S... ask me if you want to know what really happened in Amsterdam.... =P 





















No comments:

Post a Comment