Ciao my friendsssss!!!
It's humid in Firenze...very very humid. I'm a little more than halfway through my program, and I honestly don't know how to feel. Let me tell ya...studying abroad isn't about the sites...it's some legit soul searching. I think I'm starting to realize more than ever that the world has no GPS.... that there is no exit to happiness without detours.... no overpass to true love without some deep deep potholes, and definitely no bridge to success. I know I came to Florence blindly..with the hopes to subconsciously piece together the fragments of myself. I've met so many different people-and some of them believe that fate already has a plan for us, and all we can do is just live it. But when it comes to destiny...can you afford to miss an exist? Can you do a U-Turn and go back?
I honestly feel like none of us know where we're going. Yeah, you can have a plan...but how often do those work out? What if you choose the wrong road? Get off the wrong exist? Do we ever know if we're even going in the right direction? No, but fear will always be the biggest road block.
I don't think I can ever decide with true conviction who I am, who I want to be, where I want to go, what I want to do, or who I want to share my life with. I can only hope that I stumble upon the best road and find others to share it with. I think in my frenzy of always trying to escape and get away, I've forgotten that I've already arrived. I've forgotten that I've made homes in different parts of the world. I have found pieces of myself in unexpected places and people, and now I just have to be brave enough to piece them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment