So I came back from London, and I've been beyond exhausted. I really just want to sleep all the time... I know through all my pictures and instagram posts you guys think that my life is amazing. And to be honest it really is, but there are so many and I mean MANYY things that go wrong that go undocumented. With all the ups, I assure you there are just as many, probably more, downs. What studying abroad has taught me the most is just making the best out of life-not just because we only live once, but mainly because some things are just out of our control.
So I read somewhere a while ago that relationships are conditions. Conditions that end. This definitely has stuck with me and has change the way that I view my own relationships. There are so many people in the world, some of them you meet once, and some of them become an apparent fixture in your life. Many of these people stay for weeks, months, or maybe years and then you think it's permanent, but if it doesn't end there, then death will. I know this is a little depressing, but it's true- nothing seems to be eternal, and I've been to the eternal city!!! haha I'm just kidding. When someone we love passes, we say that they'll always be in our hearts, but what happens when we pass? They're no longer in our hearts, and hopefully we've made an impact to be in someone elses. Life is a vicious circle.
What I'm trying to say is that relationships may be conditions, but what others leave for you to keep is permanent. There are many different kinds of relationships ; friendships, romantic, business, marriages, family... but they're are essentially the same. It's an overlap of two peoples lives. You share stories, absorb each others values and ideas, and when you get close enough your personalities leak into each other. There are so many people who have already entered and existed my life. Some of them were just bystanders along the way, but some people have made a grand entrance. And these people are special. You'll know.
I feel like the most valuable thing a person can experience is an overlap with these special people. What really defines these special people is that they make it impossible for you to remain the same before they make their exit. You don't realize it right away. But when you do, you realize you're different, you're better. Things that were once hard are easy. Things that seemed impossible now seem possible. You'll have different beliefs and different values. You'll be different. I never realize how much of a degree the people in my life reflected the way I am until I was abroad. I'm so blessed to have always surrounded myself with the right people. Even if our paths diverged and miles keep us apart, you all have made me, me- so this posts goes out to all the special people in my life.
From strangers to teammates to bestfriends to family. My girls from the bay who have shared their city with me and where I noticed the biggest leakage of personality. I love it when people tell me that they can see why we're friends.hahahaha. Thank you for holding my hand through life< 3#LLL
My soulllllmateee. You have made me a better person just by knowing you. I don't think you even understand how contagious you are. You are soo genuine and down to earth. I love us. Thank you for opening your heart and home to me. You don't even understand how much I love you. #breeandlin
Why are we still friends...? LOL jk. We grew up together and overlapped so much there isn't even a venn diagram anymore. Theres no one I will ever meet that will even remind me of you. To many more years and sundays spent talking about our screw ups and laughing about it. Loveee you. #vinandlin
Nothing will ever compare to the bond I share with you guys. We've been through the world and back together and so blessed that I always have people to come home too. Love you guys #5
And my bitches who have made this past year so freaken hilarious. I know we aint the cheesy type but I loveeeee you guys and yall know that. I wouldn't have gone through the year without yall. #olympus
My girls who I'm currently sharing the world with. I love you guys so so so much. To our accelerated friendships and seeing each other at our ups and our downs. Thank you for sharing the world with me<3
So...When you guys do decide to make your exist, just know that I'll never be the same because of you.





No comments:
Post a Comment