So in Italian...ciao means both hello and goodbye which is fitting for the way I feel right now. These past eight weeks have gone by with a blink of an eye. I still remember feeling scared, nervous, and excited touching foot in Italy, and now I feel the exact way leaving Florence. I started this blog to capture my thoughts,feelings,and emotions throughout my experience, and now I'm at a loss for words.
This is the first picture I took in Florence. It was blazing hot and I was sweating....and def not one of my best pics but it was the first one!!!....and did I ever mention that I lost my luggage for 3 days!?! Yup.
Studying abroad has been the best and worst times of my life. They say it's not where you are-it's who you're with and as much as I agree with this statement- the latter is hard to disregard. I have met so many amazing people that I hope to call life long friends that have made my experience abroad more than memorable...and Florence is where it all happened. If I didn't decide to study abroad this Summer, I'd most likely be slaving away at my nine to five contemplating the next place I wanted to eat so I could instagram it. hahha. Life on the other side of the world isn't so much different.... but it has been anything BUT mundane. I would never have grown so much in the vicinity of my home town if I never decided to leave. I would never have been able to truly reflect on myself, who I was, what I've done, and be able to come to terms with who I want to be. Florence has endowed me the greatest capacity to truly AND i mean truly live.
My time abroad has allowed to realize and appreciate all the little things. I've tried foods (raw herring in amsterdam) that I would never have touched anywhere else. I've talked to people I've normally would've ignored (these girls who I met on their last day of study abroad recommended their favorite kebap place in Florence which is now our favorite), I've done things without a second thought (Go to a rave in London). Every single memory has become so special and unique. Everything that is different is appreciated and every inconvenience is just another BIG adventure lurking in the shadows. You learn so much about yourself and others when you travel which has taught me to let go and just live in the flow of everyday life in whatever country that I was in. Join me in appreciating the little things....
Pisa is where it all started!
@ the Colosseum in Rome
Bumping into this man TWICE in Rome
Drinking tea right next to the Spanish Steps
Florence Days
Making the best out of the rainy days
Climbing Rocks in Cinque Terre
No one ever lets me sleep peacefully!!!!
Nights spent not studying
My Main Girls <3
Celebrating the Fourth the Firenze duck face style
From Always eating out WELLL
Cooking our own meals in Culinary Class
Hopping to a different country every week
& always trying to silly pictures
But sometimes we clean up well...especially for L'Opera.
Riding Canals Through Amsterdam
Staying up all night in Florence
The only answer that I've conjured up is to just keep going. The world is such an amazing place and it'd be a shame to not see it.So...Grazie Firenze..for everything. All the memories, laughter, friendship, tears, mosquito bites, rain, and everything in between.
I don't really know how it started but every time we sit together we do our Highs and Lows of the day. If you were to ask me what my HIGH was during my time abroad...I would have to say it was the friendships I've made. I know we've been avoiding talking about it, but you guys have made this trip SOO memorable for me. At least one of you guys are in every picture, so I couldn't forget you guys even if I wanted to. Every day I look forward to seeing you guys because it's always a good time, and if it's not...then we make it a better time. Thank you guys for opening your hearts to me and allowing me to do the same. Thank you guys for dealing with me at my worst and laughing with me at my best. You all have made such an impact on me that I will never be able to shake off. I love you bitches. With every high there is also a LOW and that would be having to say goodbye to our lives in Florence because things will never be the same. JK.. yall bout to be my bitches for life...
Thank you for reading and following my life abroad. I have enjoyed waking up to blog views especially on the days where I don't post anything! hahaha. BIG thank you to Vermeer and JPM for always hustling me to write! I will be traveling for a while after my program so stay tuned..for my next blog...Project 30....DUN DUN DUN.....
Ciao Firenze, un giorno tornerĂ².


























No comments:
Post a Comment