Monday, August 12, 2013

There are no KANGAROOS IN AUSTRIA!!!!

Guten tag my friends!!!!!!!

Halloooo! I know I haven't written in a while...because I am now on vacation!! and I don't spend much time in front of my laptop. I am no longer in Florence. Hence.. no more "ciao my friends":( Also if you noticed...I changed the name of my blog because I am no longer soakin under the Tuscan Sun. I've had the travel bug ever since I was a kid and now I am on a quest to travel to 30 new places by the time I'm 30... and hopefully since I have a blog to fulfill...I will accomplish my mission. Anyways.. I am now alive and well in Vienna, Austria...not Australia!!!! You'd be surprise how many people think i'm in Australia right nowww so educate yourself with some geography my friends. Austria is a small country in Eastern Europe that is home to SOO much history, culture, and art. It's home to some of the greatest composers like Mozart and famous artists like Gustav Klimt and the Viennese Waltz and Opera. I forgot to mention that my family resides in Austria so I'm here relaxing and spending time with my family.

The last couple of days in Firenze was so bittersweet. I really hate getting emotionally attached to places and especially people because eventually all good things have to come to an end-but it happens...and when it happens it hurts!! On our last day in Florence we finished our finals and had one last farewell dinner with everyone in the program. At first we were all smiles and stuffing our faces... but as the night progressed.. we started to realize that this is truly our last time together...and then it was just teardrops all over my guitar!!! Thinking about it...makes me miss Florence terribly and everyone in it. Saying our goodbyes were so hard...especially to our Professors who we may never see again. I really really adored my professors. My Italian professor is the sweetest thing in the world and I really broke my heart when we said our goodbyes.
& this is my Italian Professor! Her name is Cristina. 
& this is the best squadro Level 2 has ever had!! The best classmates that made everyday hilarious. I miss you guys. The more I think about Florence..the more my heart aches so I will tell you about Vienna!
I've been coming to Vienna ever since I was a kid because it's home to me. It's so relaxing and such a beautiful city. It holds a special place in my heart because my mom was raised here and my parents also got married here and my grandma lives here. These past couple of days have been absolutely amazing...I don't think I've ever been so happy. I love being surrounded by all my family and just enjoying the little things. Money can buy a lot of things. It can buy plane tickets, train tickets, experiences, admission fees...but it can't buy laughter, happiness, friendship, or family. I think my favorite memories while I was abroad wasn't when we were loaded and eating nice meals (though great!!) it was when we were starving and drinking boxed wine and giggling at god knows what and and just really enjoying each others company. 

I have been saving this as a draft for a while now but I am super exhuasted...so I'ma just post this to keep yall posted until next time!  Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment