Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pizza? No PISAAA!!!!

Ciao my friends! 

Today is day 9 and the first night that I've actually stayed home and I really want to write down everything before it turns into mush! Blogspot is in Italian so it's been a learning process hahaha...But I did discover on blogspot that you can check how many people view your blog each day!! So I know yall be tuning innn!! Glad it's not just you Bree <3 On Saturday... we had a very early morning tour and we planned to go to Pisa afterwards. Our plans here never turn out the way we want them to...so we always just play things by ear. After we took a much needed nap, a bunch of us headed to the train station.  

The train ride was about an hour and about a 16 euro round trip...so definitely not bad at all!! Right when we got off the train we took the scenic route and explored Pisa hoping to end up at the Leaning Tower. Getting lost has become such a commonality that we don't even care anymore hahaha. 

This is a mural by Keith Haring who has his little shop in Pisa. I actually didn't know who he was but I'm sure like me you guys totally recognize this. Think of Venice Beach and the starry night wall-that's what Pisa reminds me of. 
 LOL I had to........
The Leaning Tower is impressive in the sense that it's actually like really ACTUALLY leaning...but honestly it was just cosi cosi...(alright.....) It's a lot smaller than I imagined it to be so.. I was def not impressed Leaning Tower!! I think I was imagining it to be as big as the Statue of Liberty but it was actually more like.. the Bell Tower at school lol but seeing is believing. I tried to think of some clever poses, but I resorted to the air martial arts hahahha. 


After the tower we grabbed dinner at the most amazing place in the planet. It was seriously the best meal I've EVERRR HADD. Btw..I'm so sunburned...hahaha
Tip: When in doubt...ask the hotel concierge for the best places to eat!!

This pretty much was Pisa in a nutshell. It amazes me how different Pisa is from Florence when its just a couple miles away. Pisa is significantly  smaller than Florence. I think we covered more than half of Pisa in three hours. The way of life in Pisa is a lot more suburban compared to Florence. Granted we've kinda just wandered around the touristy areas of Florence but Florence is always bustling...... We saw mothers pushing their children in strollers and kids running around- In Florence we wake up to the sound of men pushing their carts to work at 5 AM. 

I absolutely loved Pisa. Everyone who study abroads talks about that moment where you are just grateful for all your hard work and realize that it's all worth it. I definitely felt that well in Pisa and also Cinque Terre and also on San Giovanni day.....hahaha you get the idea... But Pisa will always be the first place I felt so grateful for the opportunities and experiences that I've worked my butt off all year for. I can't owe all the thanks to Pisa... sometimes it's not where you are..it's who you're with and I know it wouldn't be the same without these group of people. They always say that you'll meet amazing people and just go travel with them...let me tell you...it is a hundred percent true. 
Thank you Pisa for showing us a good time. I will be back! 
Stay tuned for the beautiful Cinque Terre

1 comment: