Monday, June 24, 2013

Cheers to the Weekend

Ciao my friends!!

 Today marks day 8 in Italy and it honestly has felt like I've lived here forever. I really had every intention of writing everyday...but life has been so exhausting lately. Anyways today in Firenze is San Giovanni Day. It's a day filled with parades and fireworks and not to mention....no school :) The roomies and I definitely took advantage of today and slept in because I know I haven't had a full six hours of sleep since I've been here. This past weekend has been absolutely amazing. Lemme just recap on all the events that have happened ....

So after class on Friday some friends and I went to explore Firenze. We wandered around the Duomo and decided to climb Giotto's Campanile  which is a bell tower that is adjacent to the Duomo. The duomo is probably the biggest attraction in firenze it's the huge dome like castle in this picture. Surprisngly, Duomo does not mean Dome. hahaha...we learned on our tour Saturday morning that it means House of Gods. 
This is my roommate Amy....we are totally the lamest people in our program but i loveeeee her<3



A nap and hours later...some people from our program went to check out the Florentine nightlife. Night time in Firenze is crazy hahaha. The bars and clubs usually don't open until 11 or 12. This is a bunch of us at a bar called Old Stove where we got free shots!!


Me and Amy are bout to win the cutest couple award<3

That was just Friday!! Saturday we had a morning tour bright in early which was kinda pointless because we've been in Italy for 5 days and barely got a tour but it was nonetheless very educational. It was pretty interesting to learn about the buildings and the statues...stay tune for the historical educational blog post!!! Anyways... later that day... we went to PISA!!!! I'm super tired to write about Pisa right now but it was absolutely amazing. It was a really great trip...stay tunedd for my leaning tower pics!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment