Sighhh. Today is Friday...thank god..This has seriously felt like the longest week ever. Contrary to what my mother and brother believe...I do attend school five days a week for about 3-5 hours everyday. They tell you studying abroad is the best experience ever-and so far it has been...but they do leave out that you actually have to study while you're abroad. Our program is extremely intensive with a 3 hour Italian course every morning and for two days a week we have a culture courses. I honestly don't mind learning Italian because well... I'm living in Italy hahaha and I don't think I've ever really enjoyed learning until my culture course. It's a Florence in the Cinema class which is kinda self-explanatory but it's also a self discovering class. I'll explain more later. I really love my professoresa because I feel like she genuinely loves learning from us as much as we like learning from her. Anywayss I know today is Friday... but I really wanted to write about Monday...San Giovanni Day because it was an excellent day.
So... San Giovanni Day is a holiday in Florence where they celebrate the patron saint of the city. I honestly don't even know...we were just happy we didn't have school hahaha.
There's a huge festival in all the Piazza's that leads to Santa Croce where they hold a soccer match...
So we skipped the soccer match........and it actually started raining.
It's been super hot the entire week and the second we're enjoying ourselves on the steps...it starts to pour. Tati and I have a joke that Italy's been beating us 53 and we have like 2 wins. Italy is just a little dev..not welcoming us with open doors. At that point...we decided to just try to make the best of the day and we literally ran through the rain to the store, bought ingredients, and went back to my apartment to cook.
This is our *YES we survived the rain*
Florence is actually super pretty when it rains...I wanted to capture a picture...but sometimes you just gotta soak it all in....literally..LOL..I thought about that one in class hahahaha. *boom boom pshh*
Did I mention I have a balcony in my apartmento?!
Meet our two chefs... Tati& Eric who made us the bombest meal
Amici in Italian means friends. Monday seriously felt like an episode out of Friends. We talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank, we reflected(hahhahah), we might've came close to crying, hahaha we had a great time getting to know each other. The best moments are the most spontaneous ones.
Florence has random photo booths everywhere...hahaha we had to finish our spontaneous night strong!
& this is how we ended the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment